Since I was young till now, every summer holidays I spent going to the airport to welcome back my aunt and cousins. At the end of the holidays, I bid them farewell. Then there;s the hugging and the tears... the usual see-you-next-year scene.
Well, this is the last year. I shall not be seeing them here in Penang so often as next year Nat goes off to Uni and I most definitely will leave this beautiful Penang...which I called 'home' for the last 17 years of my life for a new destination... The only consolation is that I'll have relatives there to relieve some of my home sickness.
Home sickness....was the very reason I did not choose Australia as my destination although I'm very much in love with the country. Alright, I've got to admit, the Malaysian food there cannot even come close to the authentic food here! ;) Me and food! Haha!
For two plus years, I saw my very close friend go through the pains of home sickness. I promised myself that I would try not to subject myself to such pain. Now, I see a happy smile, for he is closer to home. Nothing like Penang huh?? ;) In many ways my dearest friend, you have influenced my decision not to be so far away from home.
Today, I was sitting down during recess time before my duty (alone for awhile surprisingly!), and when I watched my friends (juniors mainly) laughing and talking happily together, I felt so nostalgic. I wanted so badly to be with them then...laughing and talking so carefree but I had duties to do. Then I wondered about my time running out here and how they would fair when I'm gone....finished with school which will be only in a few months time. They have many times told me how much they missed me whenever I was absent from school. They would even call me at home from the public phone in school...scolding me for not coming! Haiz... (Hmm...what was their reason of using it during school hours to Ms Yeow?? I wonder!)
I would miss them too. They have brought me much joy with their woes, silliness, stories, jokes, etc. etc. I will never forget how my pockets get filled up with sweets...and my lunch box with food! My prefect;s tie and spectacles going for a walk... My books disappearing mysteriously when they want my full attention away from my books or a conversation. Somehow...they appear again. Being dragged everywhere!
Every year, being hassled whether I have a boyfriend or not...who is he? which school? How old? What does he look like? Which one I like? Whose my crush? Haha!
Oh yeah! The infamous question.... What does the 'B' in my name stand for? Scraps they get into...then panic station...Nessa what to do? Nessa what to say? Nessa why?
Hmm..... My darling juniors! Never a dull moment with them! They help me through each day. They make me laugh. They make me remember of how I was at their age...
I guess I'm not an ordinary prefect...I don;t sit with the 'elite' who have tables of their own. Well, I don;t regret not being with them...sticking together like dough.:S
Countdown
Trials: 37 days
SPM: 128 days
My head is slowly disappearing into my books and I'll soon be buried in them. No calls, no internet etc. How am I going to survive?? I guess God gave them to me as a gift... the Gift of Friendship... and the memory of good friends. That should be enough I guess, to hold me till I see them again...God knows when. But until that time comes...I shall enjoy every moment I have with them. I praise the Lord for them.
When I Get There
I wish that I could breathe
A moment just to be here
A chance to take it in
Before I have to leave
So this is how it feels
To walk into a daydream
Can't tell you how my heart sings
To see it all for real
When you do, what you love, it feels amazing
If you do what you love, you can do anything at all
I always said when I get there
I'll change the world, I'll take more care
I'll touch the sky, be more prepared
When I get there
The road rolls on and on
It twists a while and then returns
Where here turns onto there's long gone
Before we notice
When you do, what you love, it feels amazing
If you do what you love, you can do anything at all
I always said when I get there
I'll change the world, I'll take more care
I'll touch the sky, be more prepared
I packed my bags
I left my room
There's nothing more that I can think to do
Now I need to breathe
I just need to breathe
I always said (Oh yeah, yeah, yeah)when I get there
I'll change the world, (Oh wow)I'll take more care
I'll touch the sky I’ll we do (I’ll touch the sky)
I always said when I get there
I'll change the world, I'll take more care
I'll touch the sky, be more prepared (Yeah yeah)
When I get there
No comments:
Post a Comment