Coloured beans
They were both young, in their twenties and much in love. But lately things hadn't been going too well between them......job constraints etc.
One day while walking in a garden, it started to rain. Dylia had only one thing on her mind and that was to run to the nearest shelter. Her hair! As she turned to run, Damien caught hold of her left hand. She turned and looked at him astonished. By then, they were standing in the slight drizzling rain.
Before she could asked him why, he prised open her hand and placed different coloured beans in the palm of her hand. Irritated with him as she was getting wet and her hair getting plastered to her scalp, she looked at him with a frown on her forehead, "What is this?"
Standing still, getting soaked too, he looked into her eyes, still holding her hands, and smiled. Then, gently enfolding her hand with his, he said,
"My love for you, Dylia, is like these beans. Nurture it and it will grow!"
She looked at him and thought him mad. Beans! "I'm getting wet for heaven's sake! You have lousy timing Damien!".
Dylia pulled her hand out of his and threw the beans away and ran to the shelter. But Damien did not follow. He looked at the beans on the wet ground. Shattered. His face spoke volumes. Dylia looked back at him and saw his expression. Instantly she regretted her reactions but it was too late.
He took her home and never contacted her again.
~:-*-:~
The Next Time I Tell You, You are Pretty.
Greg was an exchange programme student from Portland, Oregon and Lizzie was still schooling, sitting for her Cambridge. They met and became good friends. He was a photography freak, always snapping photos. She could not turn any way without bumping into him. Click! Click! Click!
"Why are you always taking photographs of me Greg?" He smiled at her and said,
"That's because I think you are pretty". Lizzie screwed up her face and walked away.
This scene had been going on for sometime before one day he lost his cool with her and caught her by the arm just before she turned to walk away again.
"The next time I tell you, you are pretty, at least have the grace to say 'thank you'. You insult my taste and God's handywork each time you deny it!".
Greg stood his ground and looking directly into her eyes he said, "Lizzy, you are pretty!". Silence. He raised his eyebrows. Lizzie blushed and with a gentle smile said, "Thank you Greg."
"Why do you always take so many photos of me?". Holding both her hands in his he told her,
"Everytime I'm in my dark room, I'm happiest especially when I'm surrounded by all these wet photos of you hanged up to dry. Then I look down into the basin with solution again and as I watch another image of you forming in it, I find my heart being filled with joy again."
With a wide grin, "You fill me with joy Lizzy each time I look at you!" She had no words to say because his words had also filled her with joy, just knowing that she could give him so much joy.
From that day on she always smiled and said thank you whenever anyone complimented her on her looks.
~:-*-:~
(I've changed the names of the people involved in both the stories but I think that they know who they are when they read this! ;) )
No comments:
Post a Comment