Saturday, May 19, 2007

Life is for Living

Saturated but not yet to beyond infinity with Biology and Stats... It got me to want to post some of the unpublished posts....

However, since its out of date, I won't publish it....but will be writing a summary of all of it..

----

I felt pretty numb the week before the day my friends left for matriculation. I guess the summit of it all was when Sarah told me that she was going for it too! That really made me cry within. It was like the team of Caryn, Sarah and me was finally being broken......... I stink at Goodbyes.. -.-''

I'm not one to cry for long. I guess I learnt a long time ago that the best way to come to terms with such matters is to look matters in the eye, grieve if you have to, and then accept the situation and move on. The only difference now, which I have noticed, is that I don't have to stand alone. There are others experiencing the same thing as me, maybe in different degrees, and, just like me, they are moving on too.

Now that I'm in Disted, I've found people who are more heart, people who are more accommodating, people who are not so 'kiasu'. I'm not alone and I do not have to be alone! Spending time studying in the library with friends like Adeline, Atria, Deep, Vennila, Darius, Joshua and the rest of the gang, sometimes going out for lunch together or listening to tales, has been kind of therapeutic, has been helpful. And like is often said, "Time heals all wounds". Not totally all true for me but.........that's another issue.

These people and also others who have shared their presence in the same room with me have shown me that it really is important to share a little of your time and self with one another and to treasure these moments. Who knows what tomorrow brings or has in store for us.

To those of us who have gone or who are going to follow our dreams, there's modern technology and such a word as communication. Heck! we're not living in the Middle Ages! So do keep in touch.

To those of us who are still around and have not realized the importance of communication or communicating, wake up! Time is running by and 2007 will soon be history. Make an effort to be a friend. It's not hard. With some, friendship comes so easily like drinking water but with some, friendship can be slow in coming as we put obstacles like could bes, maybes, should bes and what nots in the way. For me, a simple "hi" or a smile will do. Haha! But please don't wait for me to be the first to do it.....

Chemistry Practical stinks! I think that it is very very unfair and that we should all be given a re-sit.

One good thing that came about was that May Ting quit matriculation and although she did not join us for AS, she will be just opposite of us. She came over to see us in her prefect's uniform. My 'makan' buddy"

No comments: