Monday, September 10, 2007

In Remembrance of Anthony

My weekend began on a down note with news of the death of a friend, a former neighbour who had moved back to KL. Anthony was an Indian, a few years older and he used to play the guitar at our BEC meetings. On the whole he was a very friendly guy who I used to terrorize as a kid. I was into books about riddles, jokes and disgusting facts at the time and I used to corner him into being a victim of all my riddles. Whenever he annoyed or bullied me, I would step/sometimes jump even, on his feet and run off, leaving him screaming. Haha! ^^ Sorry Anthony, I was so much smaller then and you seemed so big and tall then too.

I guess you could say he was careless. His car broke down on the emergency lane and as he got out, an oncoming car hit him. He died instantly. One moment here, next moment gone! Like me, he was an only child. Anthony had a tendency to be very rash in doing things, always getting emotional and doing things before thinking things out through first. That’s how I always won! J I remember how as a child I used to sit quietly and listen to the times he got himself into scraps because of this nature of his. He tended to get himself into knots. Too much emotion for his own good! What do you expect? He was only 18 then. Well, as I said, this time he just was not so lucky and got careless.

It really does rattle something in me to think that Anthony was someone I knew and so young, so close to my age, and now he is gone! LIFE……..so fragile…..so uncertain………so…….well, Anthony is with the Lord now. After all that studying…..(sigh)

------------------------------------------

Things lighten up as I had dinner with family and two very dear people in my life, Fr. Jean Claude, who I used to tie up with his long seat belt in his car, and Fr. Pat, my cousin, my spiritual mentor. It was so good to eat and relax in such company after such a tiring day at college and such a tragic story. Sooooo much to study too!

No comments: