Thursday, August 09, 2007

Friends are like good expensive wine.

Today was the last straw for me when I got another blow... AS results! *sigh, so many within less than a week. Before I can recover from one, I am hit with another. Why me Lord?



But amidst all this, I found a true friend. I have always been the one who was there and strong for my friends. I guess when the shoe is on the other foot, nobody reaches that far out to me like I do for them. It hurts.



I do not know which hurts more. Not given a chance to say my piece or even to be allowed to become a friend. It has been one of the troubling issues lately.



Well, yesterday, I snapped in retaliation and hurt someone. It felt so good then, for awhile. But, you know what? It doesn't last. Cause when you care for a person/friend, the hurt you inflict on that person becomes your hurt twofold especially when you see the hurt on that person's face or in their eyes.



Before I could deal with this, some people treated me unfairly and it felt like I was just watching history repeating itself before my eyes and I could do nothing. Old pains started rising up, bad memories started unfolding and I was so shock for I thought I had overcome them. It was so long ago. How could this happen still? It was like a long arm from the past stretching out to grab me!



So I called a friend and you know what? He did something for me which no one ever did besides my family. He just listened. He was there for me. He was not judgmental. He had no secret agendas. What a true friend indeed. I was so touched by his gesture and cried even more. ^^ It felt like Jesus was with me who actually was within him.



Again, today, after getting my results, I was on the phone with Mum and when I finished I called him, thinking he was in class already. I was so surprised when he told me that he was in the cafeteria as he seen me earlier in my sorrowful state. And he was Christ to me again.

I write this entry to remember this friend least if I ever forget him in time. Through this entry, I will remember him and his kind gesture.



Thank you Joshua, you are like a rare diamond and very expensive wine!

Dsc00068_1



Friends Forever ~





Dsc00015_1

P.S. Not forgetting my brother, Darius who did his part in his 'unusual' way... Hahaha! And to my other friends too.



It is good to give credit when credit is due.

You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)

by Josh Groban

Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
When your heart's heavy
I...I will lift it for you

Don't give up
Because you want to be heard
If silence keeps you
I...I will break it for you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved

Don't give up
It's just the hurt that you hide
When you're lost inside
I...I will be there to find you

Don't give up
Because you want to burn bright
If darkness blinds you
I...I will shine to guide you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved

You are loved
Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
Don't give up
Every one needs to be heard
You are loved

No comments: