When I was much younger, ... I remember following Mum to one of her seminars in College General. And it was at one of these seminars that I remember this phrase... which really has much wisdom. It's simple but not easy.... The phrase is...
' Letting go
Letting be
Letting grow'
This phrase, I thought, how does it affect me now?? Why has it popped up in my mind again?? What bearing does it have?? So I took a little time to sit and ponder the whole night... Is He telling me something??
--------------
'Letting go' - Letting my friends go??
'Letting be' - Learning to live with the present?? There are still others.... Many more waiting to be friends... Enjoying the present and those who are in the present...before the now, becomes past.
'Letting grow' - Is this the way to move on and to grow?? Friendship can still grow even though we are miles apart... Can't it?? It's not like as if they are gone forever.. There's telecommunications today and they are so much better than those of yesteryears...snail mail anyone?? xD Anyway, they are Penang base...and there's holidays.^^
--------------
Then,....
Reading an Easter message from WCCM...
'What uniquely did Jesus bring to the world?'
And the word floating in my mind is... 'Touch'
'Touch' reminds us of our wholeness. No part of us can be rejected or diminished without the divine beauty of creation being dishonoured.'
Though my time spent with these college mates, who are leaving, has been short, I realize that they had touched some part of my life. Yea... that word again 'touch'. We all need 'touch' to grow...just like an infant child in a Mother's arms...a nurturing form of love. =)
When thought like this in this manner and light, parting of ways, parting of friends.. somehow doesn't seem so difficult and painful anymore. It's a necessity for growth in all aspects for all parties. For if this was not so, everything would be so 'siang eh'. How boring! -.-'' Like in economic terms... the Law of Diminishing Returns..
Now, I understand...what He was trying to say to me... Thank you! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment