Saturday, May 20, 2006

A 'suicidal' poem

Teenagers today are often described as,
Uncooperative, undisciplined, ill-manered, lazy, irresponsible, rude.
In short, youths with an attitude.
But, did you ever stop?
Yes, stop to wonder?
Why they are the way they are?
Did you lend them an ear?
In school, where I am,
There are always exams!
And so..................
Once again my chest tightens with anxiety and fear,
as another exam draws near.
Each day there always seems to be so much to do.
Endless amount of homeowrk to get through.
Too many folios!
Too many essays!
Too many reports!
And so.........so little time!
Oh Time! Where are you?
Why do you tick so fast by me?
Oh how I wish there was more time!
And so................
With arms wide open
I surrender the agony of my soul
To the ONE who is in heaven
May the Divine,
Take pity on me and find,
One befitting of His mercy and grace,
And so fill me with courage and strength to finish this race!
P.S. My English teacher thought I was 'suicidal'...after reading this in class~
18 April 2005

No comments: