A solution to this bad habit which I have found to be useful and works, is to ask oneself everytime before one utters any word or takes any action, is....' What would Jesus say/do?' Sounds so holy and righteous, yeah? Haha! Well, whatever, it does help one to hold one's emotions in check before taking on an action. Like I've often heard, Don't make decisions when you are filled with emotions! Hang in there girls! When you're faced with those lovey dovey stuff, remember what I always say! Haha. Think with your head not your heart! K?
Often when faced with a situaition that becomes too huge to handle, one tends to innocently exclaim, 'What did I do?'...'I don't remember'........'Where got?'..... Sounds familiar doesn't it? Yes, you did........usually in the course of events which led to such a situation, one did at one point or another say or do something without thinking. It's common human nature to not admit to the deed. And here is when exclusiveness comes to the rescue. Haha!
Here I would like to share something I read from 'A Ray of Hope' which has inspired me to follow this course of action.
However, this doesnt happen to Jesus...Every thing he uttered was prayerfully considered and deeply infused with great wisdom. He never had to regret anything He said.
Jesus' secret lay in His close communion with God His Father. They were as one. Jesus knew His voice. He only spoke as His Father impressed the words upon His heart.
At some point in time or other, we have been guilty of the callous remark. From our mouths have sprung forth not only praise and thanksgiving but also harsh words and cutting remarks that have hurt and deeply wounded others.
Before we utter any word, seek Him and call out, "Jesus! What would you say?"
At some point in time or other, we have been guilty of the callous remark. From our mouths have sprung forth not only praise and thanksgiving but also harsh words and cutting remarks that have hurt and deeply wounded others.
Before we utter any word, seek Him and call out, "Jesus! What would you say?"
No comments:
Post a Comment